You can use the Play Store with multiple Gmail accounts. Here are the steps to switch accounts in the Google Play Store on Android.
To use the Google Play Store on Android, you are required to login with a Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can signup for one while setting up the Android device or from the web. Every app you purchase and download is linked to your Google account. Since apps and purchases are linked, when you sign in to another device using the same Google account, all relevant app data is restored automatically.
Though not well known, you can log into the Play Store with multiple Google accounts. When using multiple accounts, you can change your Google Play account and restore the purchases and apps from that account. This is especially useful if you bought apps from the Play Store using multiple accounts. Basically, you can switch between accounts in Play Store to manage all your purchases in one place. There is no need to log out from one account to use another account.
In this quick and straightforward article, let me show you the steps to switch accounts in Google Play Store on an Android device.
Switch accounts in Google Play Store
To change or switch accounts in the Google play store, follow these steps.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the “User” icon.
- Select the account you want to switch to.
- If needed, close and re-open the Play Store app.
1. First, open the app drawer, find the play store icon, and tap on it. Doing this will open the Play Store app on your phone or tablet.
2. After opening the play store app, click on the user icon. You will see it in the top-right corner. In general, you can easily recognize it by your Google user account icon.
3. The play store will now show an account selection pop-up. You will see all your linked Google accounts in this pop-up. Select the account you want to switch to.
As soon as you select the account, the play store app will automatically switch the account and reload itself. Once that is done, you can install apps and restore purchases using the switched account. When needed, you can switch back to the old account by following the same steps.
Cannot see additional Google accounts in the play store
If you don’t see additional Google accounts in the pop-up screen, it is possible that you did not sign into them. Thankfully, you can add another account to the Play Store from the same pop-up screen. To add another account, tap on the “Add another account” option and follow the wizard. Once you are done, the account is added to the Play Store. You can then follow the steps shown above to switch accounts on the Google Play Store. In addition to the Play Store app, the Google account is also added to your Gmail account.
I hope that helps. If you need any help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to remove the Meet tab in the Gmail app.