The sleep timer automatically stops Spotify after a set time. Here are the steps to set the Spotify sleep timer on an Android phone or tablet.
For music and podcasts, there is no better alternative than Spotify, at least for me. I’ve been using the app for quite a while and it is pretty awesome at what it does. The user interface is minimal but dense enough to give you all the information you need. Most of all, the seamless syncing and cross-play between devices are the best compared to any other music streaming app for Android or otherwise.
While listening to music and podcasts, it is very useful to set a sleep timer. For example, if you like to listen to music or podcasts before going to bed, the ability to set the sleep timer in Spotify is a godsend. In case you don’t know, a sleep timer automatically stops Spotify from playing after a set amount of time. That way, the battery won’t drain playing music into the ether. Thankfully, you can use the built-in option to enable the Spotify sleep timer as and when needed.
In this quick and straightforward guide, let me show you the steps to set the Spotify sleep timer on any Android device.
Steps to set the Spotify sleep timer
To set the Spotify sleep timer, follow the steps given below.
- Open the Spotify app.
- Play any music or podcast of your choice.
- Tap on the three vertical dots on the top right corner.
- Select the “Sleep timer” option.
- Select the timer to set it.
1. First, open the Spotify app on Android. You can do that by opening the app drawer, find the Spotify icon, and then tapping on it.
2. After opening the Spotify app, play the music or podcast of your choice. The sleep timer setting is only available via the music menu.
3. In the media playback screen, tap on the three vertical dots appearing on the top right corner. If you want to, you can pause the media playback for the moment.
4. The above action will open the music menu. Here, tap on the “Sleep timer” option. Typically, you will see it at the bottom of the screen. Depending on the screen size, you might have to scroll a bit to see the option.
5. As soon as you select the option, Spotify will show predefined timers. Select the sleep timer as you need. In my case, I choose 45 minutes as it is enough time for me to fall asleep.
6. Once the sleep timer is set, you will see the “Your sleep timer is set” message at the bottom. The message will disappear after a couple of seconds.
You can also verify if the Spotify sleep timer is properly set or not from the music menu. To do that, tap on the three vertical dots and you will see the sleep timer in the menu. The good thing is, the timer will update in real-time so that you will know how much time is left.
Cancel Spotify sleep timer
To cancel the Spotify sleep timer, tap on the three vertical dots, and then tap on the “Sleep timer” option. When the sleep timer is active, tapping on it again will cancel the Spotify sleep timer.
That is all. I hope that helps. If you need any help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.